Episodes from ‘Geek Goddess Show’
Estee and Peter appeared at the E27 Unconference 2008 on 12 July. Check out their interviews.
1) OpenWeb Asia Movement consisting of:
- The MobiNode
- Singapore Entrepreneurs
- The Digital Movement
- Entrepreneur27 Singapore
- TechNation Australia
2) Interview with the co-hosts of the Social Media Breakfast
For a video of the here.
1) Virtual World Roundup: Hipihi, Novoking and UOneNet
- Distinguish the virtual worlds: (i) worlds with no purposes - 2nd Life vs (ii) gaming worlds like World of Warcraft which coveted 80% of the market.
- Useful facts and statistics for the news: HiPiHi: 48,000 registered users, NovoKing: 10,000 registered users while UOneNet: <1,000. By comparison, Second Life has 13.5 million “residents.” One thing to note is that all three are still in their private beta.
- Talk about the differences in thinking between US and China virtual world creators: for example, Xu Hui sees the virtual worlds as a 3D version of web browser for the future.
- Virtual world for kids - Penguin Club (http://www.penguinclub.com).
- Commerce on virtual worlds - featuring First Meta (http://firstmeta.com).
2) Interview with Daniel Cerventus Lim.
- Co-founder of Ideapreneur (http://ideapreneur.net).
- Supporting orgasnisation of NetBash - a fringe event at the WCIT.
- Are we too China focused in our content?
- Email you comments / feedback to email@example.com
For more info, do visit our website: http://thegeekgoddess.tv
Show Notes for Episode 2 of The Geek Goddess Show:
Hosts: Geek Goddess (Estee Teo) and Geeky Prince (Peter Du)
1) Geek News Break - The major video sharing Websites in China:
- Tudou.com (Chinese: 土豆网) went live on April 15, 2005 and has grown into one of the world’s largest content delivery networks with more than 40,000 new videos published daily, including amateur content such as videoblogging and user-generated videos, and professional content such as movie clips, TV clips and music videos from our content providers.
- Serves up to 360 Million Videos a week.
- Raised US$57 Million in the latest round of funding (US$85 million raised from the onset).
- Rebecca Fannin, author of “Silicon Dragon”, tells about the huge warehouse of Tudou employees screening through video uploads for anti-government or other inappropriate content.
- Censorship happens in some form on all the video sharing sites. Videos on Google Video sometimes take 1 week to appear. YouTube has user flagging.
2) Asia Web Review - Creating your own chinese Facebook Clone
- Build a Facebook Clone using U-Home.
- You can download that at http://www.comsenz.com/downloads/
Producer: We still couldn’t get a good audio voice over for this segment. So rather than giving you crappy stuff, we’ve got some nice music to accompany the screen walk through.
- We received valuable feedback from Kevin Lim and friends. Listen to what they have to say.
Check out all the Geeky Goddess news at http://thegeekgoddess.tv